Brainshark Announces the Brainshark App for the iPhone and iPad
WALTHAM, Mass. - January 26, 2011 - Brainshark, Inc., the leader in online and mobile video presentations, today announced the immediate availability of the Brainshark App for the iPhone and iPad, downloadable for free from Apple’s App Store. With this new application, iPhone and iPad users can take advantage of advanced features – designed to enable easy navigation and convenient access to important information – when they view Brainshark presentations from their mobile devices.
Brainshark lets users add their voice – along with music, video clips, attachments and more – to PowerPoint decks and other documents to create trackable, online video presentations. Brainshark presentations are already accessible on leading mobile platforms, including the iPhone and iPad, BlackBerry, Android-based phones and Palm Pre, with one Brainshark presentation viewed every 2.5 seconds in locations all over the world.
As iPhones and iPads continue to skyrocket in popularity – with Apple reporting 16.24 million iPhones and 7.33 million iPads sold in its most recent fiscal quarter – the Brainshark App provides an enhanced mobile viewing experience for users of these devices. It’s now even easier for iPhone and iPad users to interact with online video presentations created by Brainshark enterprise customers or users of the free myBrainshark.com site.
"Being 'reachable by cell phone' while out of the office is no longer enough. Today's information workers need to remain connected, productive and in-the-know at all times," said Ira Weinstein, senior analyst and partner, Wainhouse Research. "The new Brainshark App for the iPhone and iPad brings the power of the Brainshark platform, and more importantly, access to their company's library of on-demand rich media presentations, to iOS users around the world without sacrificing manageability or the user experience."
After installing the free app, users can take advantage of capabilities designed to optimize viewing, sharing, learning from and accessing mobile presentations:
Enhanced Viewing – Brainshark App users can:
- Use the table of contents – containing thumbnails, titles and the duration of each slide – to easily and efficiently navigate presentations. By clicking on different areas, users can skip directly to the portions of greatest interest.
- Access presentation attributes, including the description, length, author information and more.
- Download any attachments associated with a presentation onto their mobile device.
Instant Sharing - Viewers can:
- Click to share links to presentations via e-mail.
- Post links to presentations on social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter and Delicious.
On-the-go Learning - Users have:
- Instant access to a searchable and growing library of free eLearning content, created by the myBrainshark community of subject matter experts.
- The ability to browse more than 1,000 titles on a diverse set of topics relevant to businesspeople.
Easy Content Accessibility – Users can:
- See a history of their recently viewed presentations for quick and easy access to this content.
- Instantly access personal and company content. When Brainshark enterprise customers and myBrainshark users download the app, they have the ability to log into their Brainshark account and access their own content at their convenience.
"iPhones and iPads are increasingly popular vehicles for consuming business content, and we're pleased to provide the Brainshark App to address this segment," said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. "Brainshark is committed to enabling users to access content anytime, anywhere and from any device, and this app illustrates our dedication to continually improving and simplifying the user experience."
To download the Brainshark App for the iPhone and iPad, please visit http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brainshark/id412495352?mt=8.
About Brainshark, Inc.
Brainshark provides the leading cloud-based software for creating, sharing and tracking online and mobile video presentations. With Brainshark, businesspeople can easily transform static content such as PowerPoint® documents into voice-enriched video presentations that can be accessed anytime, on-demand. Customers can also obtain extensive viewing details, enabling them to measure the effectiveness of their content and follow up accordingly. Thousands of companies – including a third of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to increase the impact and reduce the cost of their sales, marketing, training and HR communications. For more information, visit www.brainshark.com.
Brainshark sales readiness software equips businesses with the training, coaching and content authoring capabilities to achieve sales mastery and outsell the competition. With Brainshark, companies can: prepare sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching that ensures reps master your message; and empower sales organizations with rich, dynamic content that can be created quickly and accessed anywhere. Thousands of companies – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to identify and close performance gaps, and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives. Learn more at www.brainshark.com.