Brainshark Announces Mid-Year Milestones, Including 137 Years' Worth of Brainshark Content Viewed in the First Half of 2011
WALTHAM, Mass. — July 27, 2011 — Brainshark, Inc., the leader in online and mobile video presentations, today announced a series of milestones from a successful first half of 2011. From Jan. 1 – June 30, Brainshark users and their audiences viewed 72.5 million minutes – or more than 137 years' worth – of Brainshark content. The company also introduced important product offerings and updates, and continued its momentum from last year’s record growth.
Companies all over the world use Brainshark to improve the effectiveness and reduce the costs of their business communications. Brainshark presentations combine voice, slides, video clips, attachments and more, and can be viewed online, on-demand, including from smartphones and tablets. One Brainshark presentation is viewed every 2.5 seconds.
Additional milestones from the first half of the year include:
- Pervasive viewing activity. Brainshark presentations were viewed more than 5.63 million times by audiences all over the world. This represents a 31 percent increase over the same period last year.
- Customer wins. Brainshark signed 352 new customers of all sizes and across industries, including organizations such as Apex Learning, Best Western International, BG Medicine, Informatica, the Hospital Association of Southern California and the U.S. Soccer Federation.
- Mobile momentum. The company launched an iPhone/iPad app and an Android app to provide mobile viewers with an enhanced, interactive experience. Brainshark also announced a series of new mobile capabilities and offerings – with greater support for mobile learning and enhanced mobile reporting.
- Strategic partnerships. Through new partnerships with Brightcove, Blackboard and m62 visualcommunications, as well as with two major telecommunications providers, Brainshark continues to expand its reach and deliver superior value to users.
- Employee growth. Brainshark added new talent to its roster and more jobs to the Massachusetts economy, with 23 new hires during the first half of the year. It also expanded its office footprint by 12,000 square feet.
- Accolades. Leading research firm Brandon Hall Group honored Brainshark with an Excellence in Learning Technology Award.
"Brainshark’s results and achievements come due in large part to our talented and dedicated team," said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. "We look forward to building on this year’s momentum – supporting our customers and their audiences with a superior mobile viewing experience, and continuing to help our users increase the reach and results of their communications."
Brainshark’s data-driven sales enablement and readiness platform provides client-facing teams with the knowledge, skills and resources they need to perform at the highest level. With best-of-breed solutions for training and coaching, as well as cutting-edge insights into sales performance, customers can ensure their sales reps are always ready to make the most of any selling situation. With Brainshark, companies can: enable sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching and practice that ensure reps master key messages; empower teams with dynamic content that can be created quickly, updated easily and accessed anywhere; and use powerful scorecards to visualize sales performance trends and make real connections from improved readiness to increased revenue. Thousands of customers – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to close performance gaps and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives. Learn more at www.brainshark.com.