Brainshark Announces Record Viewing Activity in 2012 With 1,200 Years Worth of Video Presentations Consumed Around the World
WALTHAM, Mass. — January 31, 2013 — Brainshark, Inc., the leader in online and mobile presentations, today announced milestones from a successful 2012 fiscal year. From Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2012, viewers consumed more than 636 million minutes – or 1,200 years’ worth – of Brainshark video presentations – a 150 percent increase over 2011 activity. The company continued its strong growth, delivering profitable operating results for the sixth straight year.
Thousands of companies, including half of the Fortune 100, and millions of individuals rely on Brainshark’s cloud-based solutions to improve the ease and effectiveness of their communications – while cutting costs by up to 95 percent. Brainshark’s signature platform makes it easy to convert static documents, such as PowerPoints, into trackable, online video presentations – that can be viewed anytime, on-demand, including from mobile devices. The company’s SlideShark app – for properly viewing, presenting and sharing PowerPoints from the iPad and iPhone – also continued to experience explosive growth.
Other milestones and achievements from 2012 include:
- Prolific viewing activity – Across the world, one Brainshark video presentation was viewed every 1.6 seconds. Brainshark’s on-demand format allows for convenient, anytime viewing – with 10 percent of viewing activity occurring on weekends last year. In addition, one Brainshark video presentation was created every 2.3 minutes in 2012.
- High availability – While Brainshark set new viewing and usage records, users also continued to benefit from a highly secure, reliable experience – with 99.997 percent uptime.
- Strong customer activity – Brainshark added hundreds of new enterprise customers across industries, with customers now spanning 26 different verticals – from financial services to healthcare to sports teams to higher education. The company also reported numerous customer success stories – including NASA, Combined Insurance, Nerium International and more, with many companies detailing their achievements on Brainshark’s blog.
- Brainshark partnerships and integrations – Brainshark announced partnerships and integrations with companies including Blackboard, Eloqua, Microsoft and Oracle, bringing expanded functionality to its users.
- New Brainshark Mobile Player – Setting the stage for even greater and easier mobile viewing activity, Brainshark debuted its HTLM5-based Brainshark Mobile Player last year – enabling viewers on iOS and Android devices to take advantage of interactive features straight from their mobile browsers, and without downloading an app.
- Skyrocketing SlideShark use – In arming mobile professionals with unprecedented presentation capabilities, Brainshark’s SlideShark app experienced strong activity by many measures. The 1-year-old app surpassed 1 million downloads (with two downloads/minute, 24x7, since launch), ranked among the top “Productivity Apps” in Apple’s App Store (with 4.5 stars out of 5, based on thousands of user reviews) and attracted users in more than 140 countries.
- Major SlideShark updates – Brainshark maintained a rapid pace of SlideShark innovation, with a new release on a near-monthly basis. Major updates included integrations with Box, Dropbox, EMC’s Syncplicity and Google Drive; the availability of SlideShark on the iPhone and iPod touch; iPhone remote control functionality and “Presenter Mode” capabilities, among others. Brainshark also launched SlideShark Team Edition – the version for businesses with advanced analytics and content management features – attracting thousands of users.
- Monthly accolades – Brainshark was recognized with 18 industry awards across its product lines – honoring the company’s content authoring platform, its commitment to enterprise mobility, the SlideShark app, and its support for – and shaping of – sales enablement. Wins occurred in the Stevie Awards (American Business Awards Program), Appy Awards, Best of Elearning! Awards, AlwaysOn Global 250, Mobile Merit Awards, and many more.
- Non-profit grants – Brainshark awarded technology grants to 30 non-profits, helping to alleviate communication expenses through the free use of Brainshark’s technology. For more information about the Non-Profit Program, please see http://bit.ly/bsk-npo.
“We’re proud of all our successes in 2012 – a testament to the great customers we have and our talented, dedicated team,” said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. “In the year ahead, as video, mobile and social continue to drive change, Brainshark is well-poised to help companies take their communications to the next level and deliver their messages with maximum impact. We’re looking forward to executing on our exciting product roadmap – with groundbreaking solutions and features that will help companies equip their sales forces for success, as well as improve overall communications.”
Brainshark sales readiness software equips businesses with the training, coaching and content authoring capabilities to achieve sales mastery and outsell the competition. With Brainshark, companies can: prepare sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching that ensures reps master your message; and empower sales organizations with rich, dynamic content that can be created quickly and accessed anywhere. Thousands of companies – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to identify and close performance gaps, and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives. Learn more at www.brainshark.com.