Brainshark Presentations Surpass 110 Million Views, With Presentations Watched in 98% of the Worlds Countries Last Year
WALTHAM, Mass. — January 30, 2014 — Brainshark, Inc., the leader in cloud-based business presentations, today announced that audiences around the world have viewed Brainshark presentations more than 110 million times. More than 2 billion minutes (3,805 years) of Brainshark content have been consumed to date, with a presentation viewed every 1.1 seconds last year. Brainshark’s 2013 fiscal year also marked strong continued growth, with the company delivering profitable operating results for the seventh consecutive year.
Viewed on every continent and in 98 percent of the world’s countries last year, Brainshark presentations help millions of users improve the results of their communications, while cutting costs by up to 95 percent. Brainshark’s technology makes it easy to turn static documents, such as PowerPoints, into trackable, interactive online video presentations that can be viewed anytime, on-demand, including from mobile devices. Brainshark also powers SlideShark, the award-winning app for showing and sharing PowerPoints from the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and for securely distributing, tracking and managing presentations in the cloud.
Additional milestones from 2013 include:
- Prolific viewing activity – In 2013, Brainshark consumption reached record levels. In addition to having a presentation viewed nearly every second, one presentation was also uploaded by users every 8.3 seconds.
- High availability – Brainshark’s cloud-based platform processes millions of transactions every day, handling mobile optimization, video conversion, internal and external sharing, analytics and more – all while achieving nearly five 9s of reliability (99.998 percent uptime) in 2013.
- Customer traction – Brainshark added more than 500 new enterprise customers of all sizes and across industries, with customers now spanning 26 verticals – including financial services, technology, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and healthcare, as well as major/national sports leagues, apparel brands and more. Last year, the company had new and expanded customer engagements with leading-edge organizations such as Actifio, Bobcats Sports and Entertainment, Cambridge University Press, Delta Dental, Denver International Airport, Financial Engines, Nine Network, Pitney Bowes, Seagate, Teledyne Marine Systems, Visionix and Yelp.
- Distribution partnerships – Brainshark expanded its geographic footprint, as organizations including En Pointe Technologies, ICT123, Softchoice and Tech Data inked deals to resell and support Brainshark solutions, including SlideShark Team Edition – the business version of SlideShark – and bring Brainshark’s benefits to even more users.
- Explosive SlideShark use – In helping mobile professionals ramp up productivity and tap into unprecedented presentation capabilities, SlideShark hit a number of milestones last year. Brainshark’s 2-year-old app reached more than 2 million downloads, while having more than 5 million presentations and 150 million slides uploaded by users.
- SlideShark Broadcasting – Widely acclaimed – with 10 industry awards in six months – this industry-first capability lets users broadcast their presentations, live and intact, over the Web from iOS devices, and invite others to follow along in real time. Launched by Brainshark last March, SlideShark Broadcasting has been used frequently across industries, with more than a thousand broadcast sessions every week.
- New major features and products – To further boost audience engagement, Brainshark introduced VideoSync, letting users synchronize a video to play alongside their slide content. The company also unveiled a new design and new features for Brainshark Rapid Learning, providing even more support for mobile viewing and mLearning initiatives, and introduced a new Content Portal, to help sales reps, partners and other audiences easily find and use relevant content.
- Integrations and partnerships – Brainshark announced an integration with Salesforce Identity and also partnered with Profitable Channels to offer companies a free assessment of their sales content effectiveness.
- Non-profit grants – Brainshark awarded technology grants to 46 non-profits in 2013, helping to alleviate communication expenses through the free use of Brainshark’s technology. For more information about the Non-Profit Program, please see http://bit.ly/bsk-non-profit.
- Monthly industry accolades – Brainshark received 24 award recognitions in 2013, celebrating its content authoring platform, commitment to enterprise mobility, SlideShark app and more. In the last three months of the year alone, the company was honored in the Best in Biz Awards, Best of Elearning!, EContent 100, Forrester Groundswell Awards, Golden Bridge Business and Innovation Awards, Mobile Star Awards, Small Business Influencer Awards, Streaming Media Readers’ Choice Awards, Tabby Awards and more.
“As Brainshark expanded into new markets last year, delivered industry-first functionality, set viewing records and more, we owe a big thanks to our talented, dedicated team and world-class customers for making this possible,” said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. “We look forward to continuing on a rapid pace of innovation this year, introducing more groundbreaking solutions to help companies improve their sales, marketing and training communications, and dramatically accelerate mobile worker productivity.”
Brainshark sales readiness software equips businesses with the training, coaching and content needed to prepare salespeople when, where and how they work. With Brainshark, companies can: enable sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching and practice that ensures reps master your message; and empower sales organizations with rich, dynamic content that can be created quickly, updated easily, and accessed anywhere. Thousands of companies – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to identify and close performance gaps, and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives. Learn more at www.brainshark.com.