Brainshark Presentations Top 10 Million Views in 2010 Alone
WALTHAM, Mass. - January 31, 2011 - Brainshark, Inc., the leader in online and mobile video presentations, today announced milestones from a successful 2010 fiscal year, with Brainshark presentations topping 10 million views from Jan. 1 – Dec. 31, 2010. Viewers consumed more than 107 million minutes – or about 205 years’ worth – of Brainshark content during this time period. In addition, Brainshark reported significant company growth, increasing sales bookings by 34% over 2009 and delivering profitable operating results for a fourth straight year.
Thousands of companies, rely on Brainshark to increase the effectiveness and reduce the costs of their sales, marketing, training and HR communications. In fact, customers report using Brainshark’s software to decrease communications costs by 90 – 95% over previous methods. With Brainshark, users can add their voice – along with music, video clips, interactivity, attachments and more – to PowerPoint decks and other documents to create trackable, online video presentations that can be viewed any time, including from mobile devices.
Additional company successes during 2010 include:
- Extensive viewing activity – In 2010, a new Brainshark presentation was created every three minutes by users around the world, with one presentation viewed every 2.5 seconds. All this – while exceeding 99.9% uptime.
- Customer growth – Brainshark signed more than 300 new enterprise customers, across financial services, technology, healthcare, insurance and other industries.
- Steady hiring – Brainshark added new talent and new jobs to the Massachusetts economy, increasing its headcount by 36% last year to 170 employees. The company plans to continue aggressive hiring in the year ahead.
- Commitment to sustainability – BBy using Brainshark to communicate – rather than travel to in-person meetings – Brainshark customers were able to reduce their carbon footprint. According to consulting firm ICF International, creating and viewing a Brainshark presentation is eight times less carbon intensive than driving and more than 21 times less carbon intensive than flying to a meeting. In honor of its commitment to sustainability, Brainshark received the ThinkForward award from software analyst firm Beagle Research Group.
- Additional accolades – Brainshark was also named a “Sales & Marketing 2.0 Award” winner by Sales Dot Two Inc. In addition, CEO Joe Gustafson was a New England finalist in Ernst & Young’s “Entrepreneur of the Year” competition.
- Mobile momentum – Through the launch of Brainshark Mobile, Brainshark presentations became available for easy, instant viewing on a wide range of mobile platforms, including iOS devices (the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch), the BlackBerry, Palm Pre and Android-based phones. Brainshark automatically detects the type of mobile device accessing a given presentation – so it can serve up the content in an optimal format, for viewing anytime.
- More major offerings – Through “Brainshark for YouTube,” anyone can create a YouTube video via Brainshark – using only PowerPoint and the telephone (no camcorder, video editing software or other video expertise required). Brainshark also launched a Channel Solution to help companies improve the effectiveness and reach of their channel communications, and to arm their channel partners with high-impact content for training and selling.
- myBrainshark offerings and enhancements – Brainshark’s free version, myBrainshark.com, debuted its myBrainshark Pro and Pro Trainer subscription upgrades, providing users with advanced marketing and eLearning functionality. In addition, the myBrainshark Learning Content Library continued to expand – with thousands of quality titles available to users for free. Brainshark also announced the availability of myBrainshark on the Google Apps Marketplace, Google's online storefront for Google Apps™ products and services.
- Additional product updates – In 2010, Brainshark introduced “full-screen” mode, providing a more high-impact way for viewing its online presentations. Brainshark now also provides support for more than 100 video file types, which can be uploaded as standalone content or to augment a presentation.
- Increased demand for professional services – Brainshark reported even stronger demand for content production, implementation, integration and language translation services, as companies last year increasingly took their daily business initiatives online and sought to increase the impact and reach of their communications.
- Strategic partnerships – Brainshark signed best-of-breed partnerships with organizations including Saba, America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) and The Pedowitz Group, and had continued success with distribution partners including PGi and InterCall.
- Non-profit grants – Through its Non-Profit Program, Brainshark awarded free software licenses to nine non-profit organizations last year, enabling them to decrease communications spending and allocate money to other mission-critical priorities.
“I’m incredibly proud of the talented team at Brainshark and all we accomplished last year in providing a superior experience for our customers,” said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. “In the year ahead, as organizations and individuals increasingly rely on online video presentations to communicate anytime, anywhere, we look forward to delivering further innovation, and, in particular, to supporting their mobility needs.”
Brainshark sales readiness software equips businesses with the training, coaching and content needed to prepare salespeople when, where and how they work. With Brainshark, companies can: enable sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching and practice that ensures reps master your message; and empower sales organizations with rich, dynamic content that can be created quickly, updated easily, and accessed anywhere. Thousands of companies – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to identify and close performance gaps, and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives. Learn more at www.brainshark.com.