Brainshark Presentations Top 25 Million Views
WALTHAM, Mass. — January 27, 2010 — Brainshark, Inc., the leader in on-demand presentations, today announced a significant company milestone, with cumulative Brainshark presentation views surpassing 25 million. This encompasses viewing activity for all Brainshark presentations created since Brainshark launched its flagship product 10 years ago. This milestone also caps off a successful 2009 fiscal year, where Brainshark significantly expanded its customer base and posted revenue growth of 18%, while doubling profits over the previous year.
Today, more than 1,100 companies – from SMBs to large enterprises, including 1/3 of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark for their communications needs, with Brainshark customers reporting 90-95% reductions in communication costs over previous methods. Brainshark on-demand presentations, which incorporate audio narration, as well as video, survey questions, in-depth tracking capabilities and more, help companies reduce the time and cost of travel, meetings and other live communications, while increasing the scope and effectiveness of their message.
Additional Brainshark milestones and accomplishments during the past year include:
- Widespread use – In 2009, a Brainshark presentation was viewed every five seconds by users around the world, and a new Brainshark presentation was created every four minutes. Eight million minutes of Brainshark content are viewed each month.
- Customer wins – Brainshark signed 417 new customers in 2009, spanning multiple verticals including technology, financial services, pharmaceutical, retail, healthcare and manufacturing.
- Accolades – Brainshark was named a “Learning Leader” by research firm Bersin & Associates. The company was also honored with a “Best of Elearning!” award from Elearning! Magazine Group, in recognition of Brainshark’s ease of use and effectiveness in creating rapidly deployable, high-impact eLearning programs.
- Launch of myBrainshark – For the first time in its 10-year history, Brainshark made a version of its software available to all users for free through the launch of myBrainshark. With myBrainshark, users can create, share and track the impact of voice-enriched multimedia presentations – promoting themselves or their businesses, sharing expertise and more.
- Featured on Apps.gov – Brainshark was among the earliest applications selected for inclusion on Apps.gov, the federal government’s new cloud computing storefront. Through Apps.gov, government agencies have a streamlined, hassle-free mechanism for tapping into the benefits of Brainshark’s software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications.
- Expanded physical footprint – In September 2009, Brainshark doubled its physical footprint, moving its headquarters to a new office in Waltham, Mass. The company also plans to continue hiring new talent throughout 2010.
- Non-Profit Program grants – Through its Non-Profit Program, Brainshark awarded free software licenses to nine non-profit organizations last year. For more information on the program, see http://www.brainshark.com/brainsharkinc/NPOGrant.
“To have achieved these successes and expanded operations in the midst of a challenging economy is a testament to the value our offerings are delivering to customers,” said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. “We’re looking forward to even greater success in the year ahead, as we help companies realize tremendous cost savings while improving the reach and results of their communications.”
Brainshark sales readiness software equips businesses with the training, coaching and content authoring capabilities to achieve sales mastery and outsell the competition. With Brainshark, companies can: prepare sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching that ensures reps master your message; and empower sales organizations with rich, dynamic content that can be created quickly and accessed anywhere. Thousands of companies – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to identify and close performance gaps, and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives. Learn more at www.brainshark.com.