Brainshark Recaps Mid-Year Successes, Including Nearly 90 Years Worth of Brainshark Content Viewed Worldwide in 10
WALTHAM, Mass. - July 30, 2010 - Brainshark, Inc., the leader in on-demand multimedia for business, today announced that users and their audiences worldwide viewed more than 47.2 million minutes – or 89.8 years’ worth – of Brainshark content from Jan. 1 through June 30, 2010. This encompasses viewing activity for Brainshark and myBrainshark presentations, and also caps off a successful first half of 2010, with other significant Brainshark product, customer and viewing milestones.
By combining voice narration, PowerPoint slides, video, interactivity, attachments and more, Brainshark multimedia presentations are proven to maximize knowledge retention and viewer interest. They are used by Brainshark’s enterprise customers to strengthen sales, marketing and corporate communications; cut training time in half; and reduce previous communication costs – including travel, print and Web conferencing – by up to 90%. Additionally, anyone can use myBrainshark.com , a free social site, to create, narrate, share and track multimedia presentations.
In addition to the more than 47.2 million minutes of Brainshark content viewed, other significant company milestones and accomplishments from the first half of 2010 include:
- Continued prevalent use. Brainshark presentations were viewed more than 4.3 million times by users worldwide – a 33% increase over the same period last year. This equates to one Brainshark presentation viewed every 3.5 seconds. Approximately 23% of all views occurred outside of business hours.
- New offerings. Brainshark announced the launch of the Brainshark Channel Solution, built to increase the effectiveness and ROI of channel communications. The company also debuted Brainshark Mobile – letting smartphone and iPad users view Brainshark content from their mobile devices.
- Customer wins. Brainshark signed 111 new enterprise customers across verticals including healthcare, financial services, pharmaceutical, retail, technology and manufacturing.
- Major product updates. Brainshark now supports more than 100 video file types – from the most common to the lesser-known – which Brainshark converts for seamless playback. Videos can be uploaded as standalone content or to augment a presentation. Additional updates to Brainshark’s platform include expanded options for audio narration. In addition to being able to use the telephone to record voice narration, users now have the option of using a computer microphone to record their voice narration and easily synchronize it with an animated presentation.
- Brainshark Unlimited Edition. In response to growing demand across many functional areas throughout customer organizations, Brainshark unveiled its Unlimited Edition, the most cost-effective way to enable business communicators across an entire company. More than 175 companies are using Unlimited Edition and leveraging Brainshark’s professional services expertise to implement advanced communication strategies throughout their businesses.
- More options on myBrainshark. The launch of myBrainshark Pro and Pro Trainer provides expanded functionality to myBrainshark users, including privacy options, advanced analytics, lead generation capabilities and eLearning features. In addition, the myBrainshark Learning Content library continues to expand with thousands of new, quality eLearning titles.
- Accolades. Brainshark received an inaugural ThinkForward award from software analyst firm Beagle Research Group, honoring Brainshark’s platform and its role in enabling sustainable business practices. In addition, CEO Joe Gustafson was a regional finalist in Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year competition, and Brainshark was also a finalist in the 2010 Massachusetts Innovation & Technology Exchange (MITX) Technology Awards, in recognition of its myBrainshark site.
- Increased headcount. Brainshark added new talent to its corporate roster and new jobs to the Massachusetts economy, increasing its employee headcount by 30% during the first half of 2010.
"The success and milestones we’ve seen so far this year speak to the strong value Brainshark delivers to companies and business professionals – in terms of cost savings, efficiencies gained and improved results,” said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. “We look forward to continuing and capitalizing on this success in the second half of the year and beyond."
Brainshark sales readiness software equips businesses with the training, coaching and content authoring capabilities to achieve sales mastery and outsell the competition. With Brainshark, companies can: prepare sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching that ensures reps master your message; and empower sales organizations with rich, dynamic content that can be created quickly and accessed anywhere. Thousands of companies – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to identify and close performance gaps, and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives. Learn more at www.brainshark.com.