Brainshark Reports a Record 2011, With Viewers Consuming More Than 483 Years' Worth of Brainshark Video Presentations
WALTHAM, Mass. — January 31, 2012 — Brainshark, Inc., the leader in online and mobile video presentations, today announced milestones from a successful 2011 fiscal year. From Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2011, viewers around the world consumed nearly 254 million minutes – or more than 483 years’ worth – of Brainshark content, a 136% increase over 2010. Brainshark also continued its strong growth and delivered profitable operating results for the fifth straight year.
Thousands of companies worldwide rely on Brainshark to improve the reach and results of their sales, marketing, training and HR communications. With Brainshark, it’s easy to turn PowerPoints and other static business content into online video presentations that can be viewed anytime, including from mobile devices. Customers reported using Brainshark to decrease previous communications costs by up to 95%.
Additional Brainshark successes from 2011 include:
- Pervasive, reliable viewing activity. Last year, Brainshark video content created by customers was viewed more than 13.5 million times in locations all over the world. One Brainshark presentation was viewed every two seconds and one created every three minutes – all while exceeding 99.998% uptime.
- Steady hiring. Brainshark added new talent to its corporate roster and new jobs to the Massachusetts economy. The company hired 44 new employees across various departments last year – increasing headcount by 26% and expanding its office footprint by one-third. Brainshark expects to continue steady hiring throughout 2012.
- SlideShark launch and explosive demand. Last October, Brainshark launched SlideShark, a free app that solves the problem of PowerPoint’s incompatibility on the iPad. SlideShark debuted to great reception – and life-to-date, has netted two downloads per minute, 24x7, and ranks among the top productivity apps in Apple’s App Store. Within three months, SlideShark has been adopted by users in more than 120 different countries and received positive media reviews in USA Today, Forbes, ZDNet, Macworld, Mobile Enterprise and more.
- More mobile momentum. Brainshark launched an iOS app and Android app – providing mobile users with a more enhanced and interactive experience when viewing online video presentations. In addition, the company announced a series of new mobile capabilities and offerings, with greater support for mobile learning and more in-depth mobile reporting.
- Industry accolades. Brainshark took home a number of awards in 2011 – sweeping all mobile categories in the Best of Elearning! Awards, earning a gold medal in the Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning Technology Awards and being named to THINKstrategies’ Best of SaaS Showplace. Brainshark’s SlideShark app was also honored as a Mashable Awards finalist and a winner in MobileVillage.com’s Mobile Star Awards.
- Strategic partnerships. In 2011, Brainshark announced partnerships with best-in-class companies including Brightcove, Blackboard and Marketo, and also inked partnerships with industry leaders RIM, Kaltura and BrightCarbon. In addition, Brainshark worked with Cisco to make the Brainshark App for Android available in the Cisco AppHQTM.
- Non-profit grants. Last year, through the Brainshark Non-Profit Program, Brainshark awarded free enterprise software licenses to six non-profit organizations: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County (California), Boys and Girls Clubs of MetroWest (Massachusetts), British Council (London, UK), Gilbert Christian Schools (Arizona), Kennedy-Donovan Center (Massachusetts) and the Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations (Louisiana).
“Brainshark’s growth and achievements throughout the last year are a great testament to our talented and dedicated team,” said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. “We’re excited to build on these efforts in the year ahead – continuing to deliver innovative solutions that provide companies, as well as their increasingly mobile workers and audiences, with a better way to communicate and share content.”
Brainshark’s data-driven sales readiness platform provides the tools to prepare client-facing teams with the knowledge and skills they need to perform at the highest level. With best-of-breed solutions for training and coaching, as well as cutting-edge insights into sales performance, customers can ensure their sales reps are always ready to make the most of any selling situation. With Brainshark, companies can: enable sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching and practice that ensure reps master key messages; empower teams with dynamic content that can be created quickly, updated easily and accessed anywhere; and use powerful scorecards to visualize sales performance trends and make real connections from improved readiness to increased revenue. Thousands of customers – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to close performance gaps and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives. Learn more at www.brainshark.com.