The net of it is that the web is transforming executives' habits to be more open to video or as they call it, "the non-text Web." The research suggests that executives now appear as willing to take action based on viewing a video as they are based on reading an article.
According to Forbes, this is a fundamental change that occurred in 2010. They state that "Video appears to have evolved from a novelty into a mainstream method for executives to receive business information."
Here's 5 key insights from the report:
• Video is becoming a critical information source for senior executives. More than 80% said they are watching more online video today than they were a year ago.
• Senior executives are also turning to video more frequently. Three-quarters (75%) of executives surveyed said they watch work-related videos on business-related websites at least weekly; more than half (52%) watch work-related videos on YouTube at least weekly.
• Work-related video can drive senior executives to take action. Overall, 65% have visited a vendor’s website after watching a video. Younger executives, however, may be more fully engaged with this type of media, and appear more likely to make a purchase, call a vendor, or respond to an ad.
• The social element of online video is strong in the executive suite. More than half of senior executives share videos with colleagues at least weekly, and receive work-related videos as often. Younger executives appear very willing to share and view videos using social media.
• Organizations looking to reach senior executives with video should consider some of the preferences voiced by the survey respondents. The survey found that executives like information ina mix of text and video. They look to different outlets for different types of videos (e.g., business sites for news, YouTube for testimonials). And many are willing to engage with longer videos.
What has been your experience in using video to sell to the C-Suite? Are you targeting video as a marketing vehicle to decision makers in 2011? Let us know!