Today’s modern reps move to new companies and roles every few years (or less). With this ever-shrinking sales talent lifecycle, enablement feels increased pressure to maximize productivity. That means finding better ways to focus and deliver readiness efforts (like training or coaching) when, where and how the sales force works.
It’s that time of the year again – fireplaces are heating up and so are those phone lines! All jokes aside, it can be a stressful time for sales teams to try to wrap things up and hit their year-end targets.
We thought your team could use some sales humor during the year-end rush. Here are 13 thoughts you can relate to at the end of the year!
1. Everyone else is at home watching the ball drop in Times Square, but you’re at the office waiting for that contract to drop in your inbox…
Might as well make some popcorn!
2. Thinking how you’re just one deal away from President’s Club
White sand beaches, the refreshing sea breeze, you’re almost there!
3. Knowing that for everyone else the calendar year ends on December 31st, but in sales it ends on January 4th
When it’s the end of the year, even if the deal comes in a few days late, it still counts!
4. The frustration of holiday and business travel colliding
So many people are traveling at once can turn into chaos. Make it easy for reps to access mobile sales training on the go.
5. Waiting on your biggest pipeline deal of the year and someone asks again if you have a status update
Yes, you’re aware of the huge deal that everyone’s waiting on, and no, they haven’t signed yet.
6. You compliment a buyer on his festive ugly sweater and realize it’s actually not an ugly sweater
You and your buyers don’t need to have the same taste in fashion, but you should be on the same page when it comes to solving buyers’ problems.
7. When you hear the news of another new compensation plan
It happens every year, but you always crush your goals so you shouldn’t be worried!
8. Eagerly trying to get all of your expenses in
Suddenly all of those trips to In-N-Out Burger when you were on business in L.A. seem like a bad idea.
9. Coming up with creative ideas to get your deals to close by year-end
What if a singing telegram delivers the paperwork?
10. When your annual bonus wasn’t quite what you expected
"It's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year."
11. Knowing you crushed your quota...
This year, you were the epitome of ‘sales ready.’ How loud is the applause going to be at sales kickoff?
12. ...And now you can kick your feet up and relax...
How much Netflix can one binge in a 3-day weekend?
13. Until next year when your quota is 15% higher
Make next year your best year yet with sales readiness technology. Check out our exclusive Sales Readiness Technology Buyer’s Guide to learn the most important features to look for during your search.